DSP - DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL - PENDLETON, OREGON
If you enjoy helping others and wish to give back to the community this is an excellent way to make a difference. It's also a great opportunity for persons interested in special education, autism, medical issues, psychology and social services.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Pass approved background check.
- Pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Have basic computer skills including email and database software.
- Have the ability to prepare meals and perform light cleaning.
- A valid driver's license to transport clients may be a requirement in some cases.
- For those positions requiring driving, a DMV records check is required.
- Prefer three (3) months of care giving experience.
- Paid training to be obtained shortly after hire (employer will help set up) including CPR, FIRST AID, the Oregon Intervention System, OSHA training, medication administration, and client-specific trainings
- Provide assistance to individuals living on their own.
- Take clients on outings in the surrounding community area to facilitate community integration opportunities and to work through client-specific goals.
- Provide assistance with budgeting, shopping, medication administration, and a variety of other supportive in home tasks.
- Cook meals.
- Assist with cleaning and teaching cleaning skills, etc.
- HOURS: Great for students!! Part time positions available.
Applicants may apply at
Pendleton Rise Office at 1037 SW Marshall, Pendleton, OR 97801 - Please call 541-276-0039 ext. 103 with any questions.