Pendleton Downtown Association Director
Pendleton Downtown Association
Director Job Description
Position Title: Director
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Prepared: August 2020
Salary Range: 45,000.00 to $60,000.00 depending on experience and qualifications.
Reports to: The CEO of the Chamber of Commerce who reports to the PDA Board with the primary point of contact being the President of the Board of Directors.
Supervises: Interns, Volunteers, and Consultants obtained by the Pendleton Downtown Association under the direction from the CEO.
Definition: The Director of the Pendleton Downtown Association works with the CEO & Board of Directors to develop and implement strategies to fulfill the program’s mission and vision statements and the goals and objectives as outlined in PDA annual work plans, which are based on the National Main Street Center’s Four Point Approach® to downtown revitalization.
The Director is responsible for operating, coordinating, and managing the Pendleton Main Street Program. This position works closely with local businesses, property owners, city management, city council, local community members, economic development agencies, and volunteers to support the revitalization and historic preservation of the Historic Downtown District. This position will serve as the principal, on-site person responsible for these activities, partnerships and volunteers as well as representing the organization and community in these efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
The positions essential job functions will include, but are not limited to, the following job duties:
- Coordinate the Main Street program activities of strengthening, preserving, and revitalizing the Historic Downtown Business District using the Main Street Approach®. This involves working with the promotion, design, economic restructuring, and organization committees.
- Coordinate and communicate efforts with the Oregon Main Street Coordinating Program and fulfill all requirements for the Performing Level designation, including filing quarterly reports and attending quarterly meetings.
- Work with the CEO & Board of Directors to develop a permanent funding program to ensure sustainability of the organization.
- Manage and recruit volunteers as required and assist the volunteers and committees with the implementation of work plans.
- Work closely with the Membership Chair to develop and implement a continual membership recruitment effort.
- Develop and coordinate on-going public awareness and education programs to communicate the mission and activities of the PDA. May be asked to do speaking engagements, media interviews, power point presentations, website and social media presences, and personal appearances to foster an understanding of the Main Street programs goals and objectives under the direction and with the approval of the CEO.
- Attend all Board and committee meetings. Attend local, state, and national Conferences relevant to the program and its mission.
- Manage administrative aspects of the program. Work closely with the Treasurer to ensure financial accountability and compliance with all governing entities, file and report all necessary documents
- Develop and coordinate special downtown promotion events that increase foot traffic for businesses in the Downtown Business District.
- Facilitate the continued development and use of a Business Retention and Recruitment Program and utilize the collected data to further refine the mission and objectives of the PDA and revitalization efforts.
- Track statistics and metrics needed to evaluate the progress of the program. This will require developing and maintaining a data system to track efforts and progress of the programs.
- Serve as an advocate and work on the Pendleton Development Advisory and Commission in partnership with the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce to assist/facilitate the use of its programs by downtown business and property owners.
- Manage and perform other projects, functions, and other duties as assigned by the CEO. (All direction should come from CEO who is acting on behalf of the PDA as to not create confusion or encourage communication directly with the board circumventing CEO)
Much of this job is performed during regular business hours but the Director position will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
To Apply: Download the application here
Submit an application, resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references by 5 PM on September 25, 2020 to email@example.com.