What is the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce?
- The Pendleton Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization in Pendleton, OR. We serve over 450 members by promoting and enhancing commerce and tourism for the region’s and its citizens’ prosperity.
Where is the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce located?
- Our Chamber office is located at 501 South Main Street, Pendleton, OR 97801.
What geographic area does the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce serve?
- Pendleton, Oregon, is the geographic area that our Chamber serves.
What is the relationship of the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce to the City government?
- While the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce is a separate entity from the City of Pendleton government, we work closely with city departments, officials, and council members to ensure cooperation and advocacy for the members we serve.
How is the Pendleton Chamber funded?
- The Pendleton Chamber is funded by membership dues which help cover the organization’s overall operating costs.
How does the Pendleton Chamber support tourism marketing?
- Travel Pendleton is a committee of the Pendleton Chamber that works on several projects that focus on boosting tourism and promoting Pendleton to strengthen local business and our vibrant community. As Pendleton’s Destination Management Organization (DMO), Travel Pendleton provides information about local attractions, events, and activities, as well as provides information on where to stay and eat while visiting the area. The purpose of Travel Pendleton is to promote Pendleton as a destination for travelers and to encourage people to visit the city and experience its unique heritage and culture.
What is the Pendleton Chamber’s role in economic development?
- Our purpose is to enhance our community and help our members advance their success, and one way to do this is via economic development. The Pendleton Chamber of Commerce works closely with economic development departments and agencies in Pendleton, Confederated Tribes, Umatilla County, and the State of Oregon. We participate and engage in a variety of economic development activities:
- School to Careers Program – Our staff coordinates with students and Pendleton area businesses to provide career-based learning opportunities focused on developing and empowering our homegrown workforce.
- Marketing and Promotion – We continually promote local tourism and commerce through traditional and digital marketing tactics.
- Business Recruitment and Expansion – Our staff works closely with economic development partners to clarify and streamline the process for starting, expanding, or relocating businesses to the Pendleton area.
Why do businesses and individuals join the Pendleton Chamber?
- Our Chamber was established in 1893, and through the support of our members and community, we have continually demonstrated value in a variety of ways. When businesses and individuals join the Pendleton Chamber, here is why:
- Community ~ The Chamber is the most positive organization in the community and works with a multitude of other local and regional organizations to keep our local economy strong and our community vibrant and livable. Members become partners to help achieve those goals.
- Connections ~ The Chamber provides networking opportunities where business people can find new leads, contacts, and customers, and newcomers to Pendleton can find like-minded friends. Joining a Chamber committee is another way to make those connections.
- Communications ~ The Chamber produces daily Facebook updates, weekly email ‘Monday-Minute’ messages, monthly ‘Member’ newsletters, and an annual Community Guide to inform you and others about our members.
Clout ~ The Chamber is the voice of business in Pendleton. With over 450 members who employ about one-half the population of the community, each member’s voice becomes more vital. The Chamber is also connected to the Oregon State Chamber of Commerce, Travel Oregon, and other regional and state-wide organizations to maintain an open and speedy flow of information.
Who can be a member of the Pendleton Chamber?
- We offer a variety of membership levels ranging from individuals and seniors to businesses, large and small. Contact us today to learn more about our membership levels and benefits!
How do I become a member of the Pendleton Chamber?
- To become a member of the Pendleton Chamber, you can either contact us for a consultation on what membership level best suits your needs, or you can join via our website at this link.
What are the benefits that I will receive when I join the Pendleton Chamber?
- The Pendleton Chamber offers a robust benefits package designed to advance your success based on your membership level. To view our membership levels and benefits, click here.
How can I promote my business/product/service to Pendleton Chamber members?
- As part of your member benefits, you’ll receive exclusive access to marketing and advertising opportunities. To learn more, click here.
How do I take advantage of my member benefits?
- Once you become a member of the Pendleton Chamber, there are numerous opportunities to take advantage of your benefits and advance your success – all you have to do is contact us about which benefits you would like to utilize. Our professional staff will ensure you’re taken care of! In addition, you’ll receive access to create a member account on our website, where you can post your events, specials, job opportunities, news, update your listing, and more! To gain access to your account or create an account, click here.
How do I post events, news, or job opportunities on the Pendleton Chamber website?
- Once you have joined the Pendleton Chamber, you will have received an account number sent to your email address. Once you have received your account number, you’ll log in to your member account on our website. From there, you’ll have access to post events, news, job opportunities, and more! If you’re experiencing issues accessing your member account, please contact us.
How do I become a Chamber Ambassador or join a committee?
- Pendleton is known for its community support and volunteerism; we realize our ambassadors and committee members are essential to the advancement and success of our members and the greater community. Contact us today to learn more about becoming an ambassador or joining a committee!
Can you provide information about starting a business in Pendleton?
- Absolutely! Feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to assist you and provide you with the necessary resources and information.
Can you send me information on visiting or living in Pendleton?
- Whether you are visiting or relocating to Pendleton, we have the information you need! To learn more, please visit the Travel Pendleton website, or download our Relocation Guide. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us today.
Who can I contact for photos of the Pendleton area?
- Please contact the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 276-7411.
Where can I file a complaint about a business?
- The Pendleton Chamber of Commerce is not a government agency and therefore has no authority to investigate how companies conduct business, nor can we accept complaints. You can file a complaint against a business with the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection and the Better Business Bureau.